Northwest University invites applications for a tenure track Assistant/Associate Professor position to begin August 2019. The ideal candidate will possess a PhD (ABD or Master’s Degree considered) and have a proven track record as an adept teacher of undergraduate students.Candidates will be expected to teach classes in the Exercise Science Major as well as direct this growing program. This full-time position involves teaching 24 credits a year.
Candidates must possess a meaningful commitment to Jesus Christ, the church, and the Gospel. We are seeking someone with a winsome, encouraging and culturally-engaged faith. Candidates with experience and evidence of mentoring diverse students, including those from underrepresented backgrounds in the sciences, are preferred.
Application review will begin February 15, 2019 and continue until the position is filled. Initial interviews will occur in February–March 2019. Members of underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply
Appointment: August 15, 2019 or as negotiated.
- Teach courses in the Exercise Science Major.
- Advise undergraduate students.
- Work with the dean to revise curriculum as needed.
- Develop new courses in the candidate’s area of research and teaching.
- Participate in the governance functions of the university as assigned.
- Engage in scholarship related to his/her field of study.
- Doctoral degree in Exercise Science or a related field. Highly qualified candidates with an ABD and/or Master’s Degree will be considered
- Undergraduate-level teaching experience, with documentation of success in teaching, advising, and mentoring relationships.
- A collegial orientation and a willingness to work collaboratively with other disciplines and departments.
- A demonstrated, vibrant evangelical faith compatible with the mission of Northwest University.
- Willingness to apply a faith-based worldview to course design, instruction, and advising.
Dependent on education and experience, and based upon the established faculty salary schedule starting at the assistant professor rank.
For full consideration, please submit the following:
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum vitae (including a list of courses taught)
- Teaching philosophy
- A list of three professional references with e-mail and phone contact information
- A statement explaining how the candidate’s Christian faith shapes his or her approach to the field of Exercise Science or other related areas of study.
- A brief narrative describing the candidate’s personal faith journey and church involvements.
Applications may be submitted by email as PDF attachments to Dr. Sarah Drivdahl, Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences at email@example.com.
Information about Northwest University
Northwest University is a Christian coeducational undergraduate and graduate institution, affiliated with the Assemblies of God, offering baccalaureate, master, and doctoral level education. The sixty-acre campus is located in Kirkland, Washington, just ten miles from downtown Seattle. The campus is an ideal setting for study, recreation, and inspiration and is centrally located and convenient to industry, business, and commercial activities. Programs are shaped by a Christian worldview and the integration of faith and learning.
The academic program includes majors and areas of concentration in more than forty fields of study including ten graduate programs. The campus serves approximately 2,000 students, and includes over 60 full-time faculty members.
General Application Information:
Candidates must adhere to Northwest University’s Evangelical Christian tradition. Faculty members are required to sign a “Statement of Faith” (available at https://www.northwestu.edu/about/faith/) and adhere to the policies outlined in the Faculty Handbook. Northwest University conducts background checks on all final candidates.