CSKLS is an international community of Christian scholars and professionals committed to excellence in kinesiology, leisure, and sport through faith integration, professional development, mentoring, and fellowship.
The 2021 Hybrid Conference
- Dr. Glen Van Andel (Professor Emeritus, Calvin University), founding member of CSKLS, first President, and long-time Secretary/Treasurer, will be delivering the inaugural Past-President’s Address on Wednesday, June 16th entitled The CSKLS Story: Celebrating God’s Faithfulness.
- Dr. Eric Bain-Selbo (Dean of the School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Indiana University Kokomo) will be delivering a keynote address entitled Race and the Prophetic Dimension of Sport on Monday, June 14th.
- Dr. Quincy Byrdsong (Vice-Provost of Health Affairs, Lipscomb University) will deliver the keynote address on Tuesday, June 15th entitled The Role of Fitness and Sport in Healthcare during the Post-Covid Era.
3. Professional development – On Tuesday morning, attendees are invited to one of two concurrent crowdsourced professional development sessions on best pedagogical practices & strategies for:
- digital/virtual classroom assignments/engagement
- creating a diverse and inclusive curriculum
Session attendees are invited to discuss their ideas – what they do in their classrooms, programs, etc. that works really well. For attendees interested in presenting their best practices (either in-person or virtually), please sign-up here so we can manage time efficiently during the sessions (all conference registrants are welcome to attend the sessions).
- the new CSKLS website
- the 2022 Conference host
- the new CSKLS board members and President-Elect
- the 2021 CSKLS award winners
- other new initiatives