Call for Editor in Chief: Journal of the Christian Society for Kinesiology, Leisure and Sport Studies
Application Deadline: April 1st, 2022
Mission of the Journal of the Christian Society for Kinesiology, Leisure and Sport Studies https://trace.tennessee.edu/jcskls/ (JCSKLS)
The Journal of the Christian Society for Kinesiology, Leisure and Sport Studies (JCSKLS) is an electronic, peer-reviewed journal devoted to scholarly faith-integrated research in kinesiology, leisure studies, health and wellness, sport studies, recreation, physical education, and related areas. The Journal encourages collaboration between scholars and practitioners. It welcomes submissions reporting research, new applications, advancements in theory, pedagogy, and faith integration. Data-driven research articles are highly encouraged, but all related manuscripts are welcome. The language of publication is English. All submissions must follow the APA 7th edition manuscript style. Submissions are peer reviewed.
The Editor-in-Chief will act as CSKLS’s authorized agent in exercising editorial control over the journal and will be responsible for the selection and editing of editorial materials and their timely publication. The Editor-in-Chief will oversee the selection and appointment of Editorial Board staff. The Editor-in-Chief will work with the CSKLS Board of Directors, as deemed necessary, to determine editorial board policy and composition and to align the aims and scope of the journal with the CSKLS Strategic Plans.
The JCSKLS Editor-in-Chief will be contracted to serve one, five-year term with the option of renewing for one additional term. The appointment will begin May 1, 2022, and will end April 30, 2027. The Editor-in-Chief’s conference registration will be waived per contract year.
The required, minimal qualifications for the Editor-in-Chief include the following:
- A terminal degree in a related field
- Extensive experience in conducting research and publishing in a related field
- Ability to foster and maintain a collegial work environment, which includes positive communication,and exhibition of a cooperative attitude with diverse individuals
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and written and verbal communication skills
Ability to collaborate with CSKLS constituents, including CSKLS volunteer groups and Board members
- Maintain CSKLS professional membership through the duration of the term
Preferred qualifications for the Editor-in-Chief include the following:
- Experience serving as an editorial board member, and/or editor of an academic journal in a related field
To apply for the position of Editor-in-Chief of the JCSKLS, please provide your 1.) curriculum vitae as well as 2.) a letter of intent indicating why you are interested in the position, your publishing and reviewing experience, vision for the future direction(s) of the JCSKLS and your significant contributions to the areas of kinesiology, leisure and/or sport studies.
- For full consideration, please send your curriculum vitae and letter of intent to Jordan Schools (email below) by April 1st, 2022.
- Final candidates MAY be asked for video conference interviews with members of the search
- Final decisions and announcements will be made by April 25th, 2022
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of intent (indicating your interest in the position, publishing and reviewing experience, vision for the future direction(s) of the JCSKLS, and any significant contributions to the areas of kinesiology, leisure and/or sport studies