Call for CSKL Board Members
Two open Members-at-Large Board positions
Application Deadline: April 8th, 2022
CSKSL BOARD OF DIRECTORS POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Board of Directors (BOD) is the legal authority of the Christian Society of Kinesiology, Leisure and Sport Studies (CSKLS). As a member of the Board, a Director acts in a position of trust for the CSKLS membership community and is responsible for the effective and faithful governance of the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR A DIRECTOR OF THE CSKLS BOARD:
Prospective Board members should have an interest and possible skills/expertise in one of more of the areas of Board governance: policy, finance, communications, programs, and professional networking. The Board membership should also reflect the various disciplines represented by the CSKLS membership. Please fill out the form below to apply.
CSKLS Directors are elected by the membership in the Spring (March/April) of each year via an electronic email election supervised by the Secretary/Treasurer of the organization. Directors serve for a three-year term and may be re-elected for a maximum of another three-year term. Any At-Large-Director elected to the office of President or President-elect shall be replaced with a new At-Large member at the Spring (March/April) election.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and work of CSKLS and public support of this commitment
- Interest, Knowledge, and skills in one or more areas of Board governance
- Willingness to serve on at least one committee and actively participate
- Attendance at monthly teleconference meetings
- A time commitment of 3-5 hours/month
- Regular attendance at the annual conference
- Prepare for and participate in the discussions and deliberations of the Board
- Be aware of and abstain from any potential conflicts of interest
- Govern CSKLS by its bylaws and faith-filled principles
- Establish long and short-term goals, objectives and priorities for CSKLS
- Recommend policy to the Board
- Promote CSKLS membership
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of CSKLS through regular review of programs/services
- Prepare for and participate in discussions and deliberations of the Board
- Foster positive and working relationships with other Board members in ways that sustain and promote Christian perspectives in our disciplines.
Please submit this form by April 8th, 2022
CSKLS Board Members
CSKLS Board application