Call for Presentations for the 2017 Annual Conference
Lipscomb University, Nashville, TN June 7-9, 2017
Purpose of the Annual Conference
The annual CSKLS conference purports sharing current research and pedagogical ideas in kinesiology and leisure studies, fellowship opportunities to connect with other believers, and fostering professional collaborative opportunities, all with an emphasis in faith integration.
Society members seek to:
- Influence and renew secular culture by integrating our Christian faith with our disciplines in research, publications, public presentations, and professional interactions.
- Provide opportunities for personal and professional growth within a Christian context.
- Promote research and information that will contribute to the health and well-being of all people, image bearers of their Creator God by supporting and encouraging Christian professionals in the disciplines of kinesiology and leisure studies.
- Develop and contribute faith-integrated scholarly work to those in higher education and the Church in our related disciplines.
- Strengthen Christian professional relationships and foster collaborative scholarly efforts.
- Provide quality presentations to meet professional development needs.
- Share faith-integration pedagogical approaches.
The conference is organized into two Disciplinary Tracks and a student track. All entail scholarly works that are distinctively Christian in their approach to issues of faith and learning:
TRACK 1 — Kinesiology (includes exercise science, physical education, health & wellness, dance, and all related subdisciplines)
TRACK 2 – Leisure & Sport Studies (includes community recreation, therapeutic recreation, outdoor recreation, parks, tourism, sport studies, and all related subdisciplines)
TRACK 3—Student Track (includes kinesiology and leisure & sport studies topics)
Presentation Proposal Guidelines
Each presentation must address relevant issues relating to the Christian worldview and faith integration and/or detail empirical studies conducted by people of faith in at least one of the academic areas listed in the three tracks.
Proposals must contain the following elements:
- Title of presentation
- Presenter(s) information (name, title, institution, address, email, phone)
- Abstract (not to exceed 300 words)
- Christian Perspective* (not to exceed 100 words; explains how the Christian worldview and faith integration inform the presentation)
- Learning Outcomes (3 succinctly written)
*Empirical presentations are highly encouraged. If your presentation is strictly empirical please complete proposal elements 1, 2, 3, & 5.
Speaker sessions are 45 minutes in length: (35 minutes for the presentation, 10 minutes for questions/discussion).
Student sessions are 20 minutes in length: (10 minutes for presentation, 10 minutes for questions/discussion).
Poster sessions entail a period for viewing posters, after which authors will be present at their poster for discussion with interested participants.
Acceptance of Presentations
Only complete proposals will be eligible to be reviewed by the Program Committee through a blind, rolling review of proposals. Notification of acceptance or rejection will be made via email within three weeks of the proposal being submitted. Selections will be made according to:
- Appropriateness of content for the desired session.
- Demonstrated organization of material and learning outcomes.
For full consideration, proposals must be submitted using the CSKLS Presentation Proposal Submission Form by the listed deadlines via e-mail to email@example.com. Proposals submitted after the listed deadlines will only be considered for presentation if there is still space available in the program.
Presenters must register for the conference. Conference registration information and form with further information is available at http://cskls.org/2016-conference-registration/. We encourage all presenters listed on the presentations to become members of CSKLS also. You can join CSKLS here.
Please submit your completed proposal submission form via e-mail to:
Steven Waller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for professional proposals for early acceptance is January 31, 2017
Deadline for student proposals is March 31, 2017
We look forward to your submission and seeing you at the 2017 conference on June 7-9!